A pencil maker told the pencils five important lessons just before putting them into the box.
1. Everything you do will always leave a mark.
2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
3. What is important is what’s inside of you.
4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpenings which will only make you better.
5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held by the hand that holds you.
I have learned this parable when I was in 5th grade, and before I thought that it was just a simple story. But as I grow older, I realized that everything is true. I am the pencil and the pencil maker is Jesus my creator, the hands that held me are my parents and there were times that I become stubborn and hard headed my tip gets broken and they will sharpen me again. Then it’s the time for me to start another beginning. And write my own story and try to erase all the mistakes that i’ve done. I am grateful to have learned this important lesson in life. If I have not known this, I may have not be the person that I am today.